InfraStructure, LLC (IS) is medium-sized, well respected structural engineering consulting firm founded in Omaha, Nebraska 25 years ago. In 2021, two new locations were added — Des Moines, Iowa and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. InfraStructure provides structural design and investigation for buildings and special structures, precast concrete engineering and de-tailing as well as a variety of other structural engineering related services.
We are currently seeking a full time structural engineer for our Buildings Group, involving the design of buildings and other facilities. Our projects range in size from small commercial buildings to larger office, school, and or industrial structures. Designs include commercial, institutional, educational, health care, industrial, forensic studies and public buildings.
This is a full-time, salary position (40 hrs./week) with benefits. Our pay is competitive, based on experience and value that candidates may bring to our company.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide structural design in coordination with architectural and other clients.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, and design analysis.
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, and periodic construction site observation.
- Services include the production of CAD drawings and BIM models (Revit).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural focus from an ABET accredited college or university, or a Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- One to seven years of experience is preferred.
- Experience or knowledge in structural design of masonry, concrete, steel and timber structures and components.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, AutoCAD, and Revit is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with clients and colleagues, and thorough design documentation and detailing is required.